Sidebar Menu


Course Drops

Students are held responsible for the payment of tuition fees for all courses in which they enrol. If you find it necessary to drop a course, you should ensure that you officially drop the course within the published deadline dates (see Important Dates). Failure to drop a course that you do not complete will result in a failed grade on your official transcript. This grade will be included in all grade point average (GPA) calculations.

You can officially drop your course online via MyServiceHub at For step-by-step instructions, visit How to Drop a Class.

Notifying the instructor of the intention to drop or not attending classes does not constitute an official drop. However, we strongly urge you to inform your instructors as a courtesy. Official drops by the posted deadlines will prevent a failing grade from appearing on your official transcript.

Course Swaps

You can swap from one course to another within the same term, provided the enrolment deadline has not passed, if there is space available, and enrolment requirements are met.

You can swap online via MyServiceHub at For step-by-step instructions, visit How to Swap a Class.

Withdrawal From a Certificate Program

If you are not planning to continue in your Chang School certificate program, you will need to complete the Certificate Program Withdrawal Form.

Withdrawing from the certificate program does not withdraw you from courses in which you are enrolled in that term. If you wish to withdraw from the certificate and the current courses you are enrolled in for the applicable term, you will need to drop your courses before you complete the Certificate Program Withdrawal Form. If you wish to only withdraw from the certificate program but remain enrolled in your courses, you will need to specify this when you complete your Withdrawal Form; if you do this, you then will be transferred to a Non-Certificate Program.

If you are in a certificate and would like to transfer to another certificate, you can do this through MyServiceHub; no withdrawal is required. When the certificate transfer is processed, your record will display the cancellation of the first certificate and registration in the new certificate.

Note the following timelines when submitting your Certificate Program Withdrawal Form:

  • If you submit the form during a term when you are currently enrolled in courses, it will only be processed if submitted by the last day to drop courses in good academic standing for that term. Forms submitted after the academic drop deadline will not be processed until after that term is completed.
  • Students are academically and financially responsible for all enrolled courses and fees incurred unless they formally drop within the published deadline dates (whether or not they attend classes).

All certificate transactions (registration, transfer, and withdrawal) are reflected on the student’s academic record and official transcript.