Need-based financial aid is usually awarded based on a combination of demonstrated financial need and a specific minimum cumulative grade point average or CGPA. The Chang School’s bursaries are administered through AwardSpring. Please refer below for tips on how to apply.
There are three types of need-based financial aid available for continuing education students:
- The Chang School/CESAR Student Emergency Fund for continuing education and part-time students
- Toronto Metropolitan bursaries for continuing education students (see below)
- Government assistance, including the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
|Bursary Name||Eligibility/Criteria||Description||Number of Bursaries Available||Value||How to Apply||Application Deadlines|
|The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education Tuition Fee Bursary||Students registered in a Chang School course or certificate program; criteria are demonstrated financial need and demonstrated academic objectives and/or performance||Non-repayable tuition waiver||Varies||Up to $800 for one course||Apply for The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education Tuition Fee Bursary||
Fall 2022: Application is online from August 26 to December 2, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. midnight.
|CESAR Bursaries||Students registered in a Chang School course where CESAR fees are collected; criteria is based on demonstrated financial need||Non-repayable tuition waiver||Varies||Up to $500 for one course||Apply for the CESAR Bursaries||
Application is online from August 29 to September 26, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. midnight.
|CESAR General Bursary (Awarded by the Continuing Education Students’ Association of Ryerson)||Students registered in a continuing education, distance education, or part-time degree course; criteria is based on financial need||Non-repayable bursary||Varies||Up to $500||Apply for the CESAR General Bursary|
|Natasha Vasiliou Bursary||Students who are completing the Transition Foundations program through Spanning the Gaps – Access to Post-Secondary Education program and will be entering Toronto Metropolitan University as an undergraduate student in the forthcoming Fall term||To support an Aboriginal student, a first generation Canadian student, or a student with a disability who is graduating from The Chang School’s Spanning the Gaps –Access to Post-Secondary Education programming||1||$1,000||Access to application will be available through Apply for Awards on AwardSpring||Fall 2022 application will be online from August 24 to September 7, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. midnight|
Tips for using AwardSpring
The Chang School’s bursaries are administered through AwardSpring. To apply, please follow the steps below.
- Enrol in a Chang School course and pay the applicable fees.
- Create an AwardSpring account.
- In AwardSpring, apply for the bursary for which you are eligible. Note: To be eligible for a bursary, you must indicate that you are in financial need when setting-up your AwardSpring account. Note: Financial need assessments may take up to two weeks to complete. We suggest that you continue checking your AwardSpring account for the status of your assessment.
- Check out our Financial Information Guide for additional guidance on how to complete the required budget information in AwardSpring.
- Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.