Need-based financial aid is usually awarded based on a combination of demonstrated financial need and a specific minimum cumulative grade point average or CGPA. The Chang School’s bursaries are administered through AwardSpring. Please refer below for tips on how to apply.
There are two types of need-based financial aid available for continuing education students:
- Toronto Metropolitan University bursaries for continuing education students (see below)
- Government assistance, including the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
|Bursary Name||Eligibility/Criteria||Description||Number of Bursaries Available||Value||How to Apply||Application Deadlines|
|The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education Tuition Fee Bursary||Students registered in a Chang School course or certificate program; criteria are demonstrated financial need and demonstrated academic objectives and/or performance||Non-repayable tuition waiver||Varies||Up to $800 for one course||Apply for The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education Tuition Fee Bursary||
Spring/Summer 2023: Application is online from May 8 to June 9, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. midnight.
|TMAPS Bursaries||Students registered in a Chang School course where TMAPS fees are collected; criteria is based on demonstrated financial need||Non-repayable tuition waiver||Varies||Up to $500 for one course||Apply for the TMAPS Bursaries||
Application will be online late August 2023. Website will be updated.
|TMAPS General Bursary (Awarded by the Toronto Metropolitan Association of Part-time Students)||Students registered in a continuing education, distance education, or part-time degree course; criteria is based on financial need||Non-repayable bursary||Varies||Up to $500||Apply for the TMAPS General Bursary|
Tips for using AwardSpring
The Chang School’s bursaries are administered through AwardSpring. To apply, please follow the steps below.
- Enrol in a Chang School course and pay the applicable fees.
- Create an AwardSpring account.
- In AwardSpring, apply for the bursary for which you are eligible. Note: To be eligible for a bursary, you must indicate that you are in financial need when setting-up your AwardSpring account. Note: Financial need assessments may take up to two weeks to complete. We suggest that you continue checking your AwardSpring account for the status of your assessment.
- Check out our Financial Information Guide for additional guidance on how to complete the required budget information in AwardSpring.
- Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.