How to Register for a Certificate Program
There are two ways to register for a certificate program:
- You can register for a certificate program when you create an account on our website. To create an account, visit the Log In or Create an Account page and select “I’m a new Toronto Metropolitan student” option. You will also be prompted to create an account when you attempt to enrol online for the first time as a new student.
- You can register using TMU's MyServiceHub at my.torontomu.ca if you have:
- A valid TMU Student Number. You will receive a TMU Student Number when you create an account on our website. If you don’t have a my.torontomu username, you can get one by completing Toronto Metropolitan’s Online Identity Activation form
- An active my.torontomu username and password
Note: If you have a student email account at Toronto Metropolitan University, then you have a my.torontomu username. If you can’t remember your password, visit Login Help on Toronto Metropolitan’s Computing and Communications Services (CCS) website.
How to Register Using MyServiceHub
- Check the Curriculum Advising website for certificate restrictions and guidelines (Certificate Restrictions apply to Toronto Metropolitan Undergraduate students only).
- Consult Important Dates for application deadlines.
- Review the certificate program to determine if you meet the admission criteria. Some certificate programs require departmental approval before you can register. You may obtain the appropriate “Program Pre-approval Form” from Forms and Documents. You must submit your pre-approval confirmation code with your online registration.
- If you have a TMU Student Number and an active my.torontomu username, register in a certificate program online in your MyServiceHub Student Centre by selecting “Chang Certificate Reg/Trnsfr”. If you are a new student and need a TMU Student Number, you will receive one when you create an account on our website. If you can’t remember your my.torontomu password, visit Login Help on Toronto Metropolitan’s Computing and Communications Services (CCS) website.
- If your application is accepted, confirmation will be issued within three business days for your online registration. (This process may take longer during peak periods such as the start and end of term.)
When Should You Register?
You have two options.
Option 1: Register in the certificate before enrolling in the first course taken in the certificate
This will ensure that all courses taken towards the certificate will be included in your cumulative grade point average (GPA).
Option 2: Register in the certificate before you complete 50 percent of the certificate program requirements
This option will allow you to take courses in the certificate program before deciding to register and pursue the certificate.
Choosing this option means that courses completed before you register, up to a maximum of 50 percent, will be used towards the certificate’s graduation requirements. However, these courses will not be included in your cumulative GPA.
Why Register for a Certificate Program?
Completion of a certificate program adds value to you! Certificate registration and transfer are free.
Here are some great reasons to pursue a certificate program:
- Build a comprehensive base of practical, real-world knowledge and skills.
- Earn a well-respected credential.
- Develop professional connections through your fellow students, expert instructors, and other industry specialists.
- Make your education a priority, complete a full program of study, and enjoy the reward of achieving a milestone goal.
You must register for a certificate program before completing 50 percent of the certificate requirements. Failure to register by this time could adversely affect your graduation and your GPA calculation by delaying your graduation by at least one term or possibly requiring that you complete additional courses.
Visit Certificate Registration for details about certificate registration policies.