COVID-19 Updates for Chang School Students
This webpage is the primary resource for Chang School students for information regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus). Visit Ryerson COVID-19 Information and Updates for the latest university-wide communications and updates.
Last updated May 31, 2022
The health and safety of our campus community in the fight against COVID-19 is our top priority. Pandemic requirements can change quickly; bookmark this page for current information about accessing your Chang School courses.
What Do You Need to Know for Spring/Summer 2022?
Toronto Metropolitan University’s COVID-19 requirements are changing, in accordance with adjustments to Ontario public health restrictions. As of Wednesday, June 1, 2022, if you are visiting campus or attending in-person classes:
- You must have a valid OneCard to gain access to campus buildings.
- You must keep your declaration of vaccination status up to date.
- You will not be required to provide proof of vaccination.
- You will not be required to complete a daily health screening.
- You will not be required to wear a mask.
While masks are no longer required, we strongly encourage you to continue wearing them indoors, especially in crowded settings or in areas where you are working closely with others. Practice physical distancing where appropriate.
Monitor your health for COVID-19 symptoms; do not come to campus if you are not feeling well. If you test positive for COVID-19, do not come to campus until your recommended self-isolation period has ended and follow the process outlined at Reporting Cases on Campus.
What Do You Need to Do?
Get Your OneCard
If you’ll be on campus for courses during the Spring/Summer 2022 term, OneCard access will be required to enter classroom buildings, the Library, the Student Learning Centre, and other locations.
If you already have your OneCard, you're all set! It’s activated and ready for access. Don’t have your card yet?
- Visit Get Your Card and review the steps to apply.
- Submit your online application and photo. If you need in-person assistance, visit the OneCard office.
- Once your application is approved, pick up your card. Check the OneCard office locations and hours of operation for pick-up details.
Declare or Update Your Vaccination Status
Health and safety needs during the pandemic can change quickly, so make sure your vaccination status is current. (Visit COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for more details about the university’s vaccination requirements.)
- If you haven’t already done so, download the RyersonSafe mobile app and provide your vaccination status, even if it is “not yet vaccinated.”
- If your status has changed since your last declaration – you are now fully vaccinated, or you have been granted an exemption – visit the app and update your status.
What Happens Next?
- Enrol for Spring/Summer 2022 classes. Most Chang School courses will continue to be offered online. Visit Course Search to find a course for you.
Select Chang School courses will offer on-campus delivery options. To confirm if your chosen course section is online or on campus, review the scheduling information found under “Course Sections” on the individual course web page. On-campus sections will be identified as “Classroom” in the section details summary (next to the offered term) and/or “Downtown” as the location.
- Connect with our Client Services Advisors if you have questions. Reach out to us at email@example.com or 416-979-5035 – we're here to help. Note that The Chang School building at 297 Victoria Street (Heaslip House) will remain closed for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
- Check out what’s happening with other university services. Visit Campus Status for updates on how to access the resources and services you need.