COVID-19 Updates for Chang School Students
This webpage is the primary resource for Chang School students for information regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus). Visit COVID-19 Information and Updates for the latest university-wide communications and updates from Toronto Metropolitan University.
Last updated August 17, 2023
The health and safety of our campus community in the fight against COVID-19 is our top priority. Pandemic requirements can change quickly; bookmark this page for current information about accessing your Chang School courses.
What Do You Need to Know?
TMU’s COVID-19 requirements have changed, in accordance with adjustments to Ontario public health restrictions. If you are visiting campus or attending in-person classes as of the Fall 2022 term:
- You must have a valid OneCard to gain access to campus buildings.
- You must keep your declaration of vaccination status up to date.
- You will not be required to provide proof of vaccination.
- You will not be required to complete a daily health screening.
- You will not be required to wear a mask.
While masks are no longer required, we strongly encourage you to:
- Continue wearing a mask indoors, especially in crowded settings or in areas where you are working closely with others.
- Wear a mask while writing in-person exams.
- Practice physical distancing where appropriate.
Need a mask? Pick one up on campus.
Monitor your health for COVID-19 symptoms; do not come to campus if you are not feeling well. If you test positive for COVID-19, do not come to campus until your recommended self-isolation period has ended and follow the process outlined at Reporting Cases on Campus.
What Do You Need to Do?
Get Your OneCard
If you’ll be on campus for courses or exams, OneCard access will be required to enter classroom buildings, the Library, the Student Learning Centre, and other locations.
If you already have your OneCard, you're all set! It’s activated and ready for access. Don’t have your card yet?
- Visit Get Your Card and review the steps to apply.
- Submit your online application and photo. If you need in-person assistance, visit the OneCard office.
- Once your application is approved, pick up your card. Check the OneCard office locations and hours of operation for pick-up details.
Declare or Update Your Vaccination Status
Health and safety needs during the pandemic can change quickly, so make sure your vaccination status is current. (Visit Vaccinations for more details about the university’s vaccination requirements.)
- If you haven’t already done so, download the TMU Safe mobile app and provide your vaccination status, even if it is “not yet vaccinated.”
- If your status has changed since your last declaration – you are now fully vaccinated, or you have been granted an exemption – visit the app and update your status.
What Happens Next?
- Enrol for Fall 2023 classes. Most Chang School courses will continue to be offered online. Visit Course Search to find a course for you.
Select Chang School courses will offer on-campus delivery options. To confirm if your chosen course section is online or on campus, review the scheduling information found under “Course Sections” on the individual course web page. On-campus sections will be identified as “Classroom” in the section details summary (next to the offered term) and/or “Downtown” as the location.