This program offers continuous learners the opportunity to register in one of three specialized healthcare streams:
- Long-term Care and Ethics in Healthcare
- Health Research/Data Analytics in Healthcare/ Health Informatics
- Health Administration
Learners in each stream are required to take three to five courses, which includes courses in Job Search Strategies and Communications. The program also provides job search support to assist in finding future employment and an optional four to six-week work placement.
Industry and Careers
This program can lead to career paths in various roles such as:
- Case manager
- Clinical administrator
- Clinical research associate
- Health and nutrition advisor
- Health services coordinator
- Health services scheduling coordinator
- Hospital administrator
- Medical associate
- Patient services representative
- Public health specialist
- Research assistant/associate
Who Should Take This Course Series?
Internationally educated healthcare professionals who are looking to reconfigure their existing professional knowledge to gain meaningful employment in non-licensed jobs within the healthcare sector in Canada.
What Will You Learn?
You will gain the following from this program:
- Increased knowledge of the Ontario healthcare system
- Canadian-specific job search strategies to help you secure future employment
- Work placements or work integrated learning opportunities
- Professional communication training to strengthen your communication and interview skills
- The opportunity to work towards a certificate
Course Series Requirements
- A minimum of three courses from any healthcare streams
- One communications course
- An optional work placement
- One job search course
Note: CHSM 301 is a prerequisite for CHIM 301 and CHIM 303 and CLAW 122 is a prerequisite for CLAW 402.
How to Apply
- Must be an internationally educated healthcare professional and have:
- Proof of post-secondary degree and a minimum of one-year work experience in the healthcare sector or
- Proof of a post-secondary diploma and a minimum of two years work experience in the healthcare sector.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, convention refugee or refugee claimant at the time of application.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency at the minimum required level:
- TOEFL 92; or IELTS of 6.5; or CLB 7/8; or equivalent English language proficiency test
Submit the ITHP application form to confirm eligibility, before beginning this course series.
Professional Development Awards
Professional Development Award: ITHP requires any three healthcare courses from any of the three streams.
Awards and Financial Aid