Are you short on time but still looking to upgrade your technical skills? We also offer a Course Series in Full Stack Developer where you can apply your completed courses towards a certificate should you wish in the future.
Career-Ready Support Offered
While enrolled in the Certificate in Full Stack Developer, you will receive a variety of support, including:
- Virtual mentor services: the virtual mentor is available free of charge for 1-on-1 Zoom meetings and for consultations by email about the coursework, assignments, final projects, and for career advising.
- Employer networking support: participating employers will provide informal career and networking support through LinkedIn to certificate candidates and graduates.
- Career support: full stack developer job search and career advising sessions will be offered throughout your courses.
Industry and Careers
This certificate can lead to career paths in roles such as:
- Consultant (finance, healthcare, government, IT, among other industries)
- Start up and small-to-medium business owner/manager
- Web apps developer
- Website developer
- Web services developer
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Individuals looking to make a career pivot by adding specialized skill sets for moving up in their careers
- High school diploma holders and university and college undergraduate degree recipients
- New Canadians looking for Canadian credentials to help them enter the job market
- Employers in small, medium and large sized businesses who need to send their staff to upskill in full stack cloud developer coding and scripting capacities in potential candidates
This certificate is also applicable to working professionals who are:
- Aspiring coders, web, and software developers
- Looking to upskill and require new technical skills to stay current in their jobs
- Working in a career that requires a computer science or STEM university-level credential
- Returning to the workforce or preparing to switch careers and need a university credential to demonstrate readiness for today’s technical professional roles in a range of fields
What Will You Learn?
After completing this certificate, you will be able to do the following:
- Construct fully functional websites and mobile applications, from end-to-end, by using various languages and tools
- Back-end development and deployment: design a dynamic database/data store for retrieval of data using SQL and embed SQL statements in Python code that is supporting the middleware.
- Effectively leverage middleware to achieve web development project goals: architect the middleware in Python with support libraries, such as Flask from Pallets Project
- Perform Beta testing for full stack website related product improvement: leverage tools, libraries, apps and various software to perform a number of tiered, technical activities required to deliver a polished end-to-end website or mobile application
- Perform and deploy both Agile and hybrid project management processes and functions
- Effectively leverage verbal, written, and visual presentation skills to communicate ideas and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and virtually with colleagues on complex projects
- 4 required courses
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
The four-course Certificate is flexible in that no courses have prerequisites; continuous learners may take the courses in any order and in combination, or “fast track” their learning by taking all four courses concurrently in the same semester.
To graduate, you must successfully complete, within your official time span, the requirements from the year you registered in the program. For more information, refer to Time Span in our Glossary of Terms. If certificate requirements change and courses are no longer available, you may request Course Substitutions/Directives. You must apply to graduate on my.torontomu (MyServiceHub) within the appropriate application deadlines (refer to Important Dates). Visit Graduation for details.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- Mature student status
Awards and Financial Aid
Awards and Bursaries
If you require financial assistance, you may apply for merit-based awards and/or need-based financial aid.