Upon completion of all four certificates, you will be able to apply for the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP). After completing the PEP, you will be able to write the three-day Common Final Examination (CFE) exam.
The certificate series is fully online, so you can fit learning into your busy schedule. As a Chang School learner, you will have access to support from advisors, staff, instructors, and classmates to help you move towards your goal and build out your professional network.
Industry and Careers
This certificate can lead to career paths in roles such as:
- Accounting clerk
- Accounting technician
- Budget analyst
- Business or credit analyst
- Fund accountant
- Payroll officer
- Property accountant
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- College or university graduates of non-accounting fields who want to pursue the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Newcomers to Canada who are seeking a Canadian university credential in accounting and finance to build their resume and help secure a job
- Business owners or managers who want to enhance their accounting acumen
- Working professionals with the goal of pivoting their career into accounting or finance
What Will You Learn?
After completing this certificate, you will have:
- A fundamental understanding of current accounting standards and procedures
- An exposure to basic knowledge in general areas relevant to business practice
- Four courses accredited by the CPA that count towards the PEP prerequisites
- Foundational accounting methods and current business knowledge that can be applied to a business or entry-level position
- 4 required courses
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) 1.67+
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
- Mature student status
If you are an undergraduate student, you should be aware of possible certificate restrictions. Check Curriculum Advising for complete details.
Professional Designations and Accreditation
The courses in the Certificate in Foundations for Accounting qualify as preparatory courses for the CPA PEP program. Learn more.