Industry and Careers
This certificate can lead to career paths in roles such as:
- Social worker
- Child and youth worker
- Mental health and addictions counsellor
- Mental health advocate
- Hospital administrator
- Clinical coordinator
- Counselling administrator
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Individuals who require knowledge of mental health and addictions to enhance their work and better understand the circumstances of clients, employees, colleagues in their places of employment and volunteerism
- Students who would like to use the degree-credit courses towards completion of their undergraduate degree
What Will You Learn?
Two introductory courses will provide you with a foundation in psychology by examining the basic principles and applications to everyday experience.
You will then focus on the psychology of addictions and disorders. Some of the disorders you will explore include: depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, personality disorders, and eating disorders.
- 4 required courses
- 6 electives*
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
*Select 2 (or 3) selections from Electives – Group A and 3 (or 4) courses from Electives – Group B.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
- Mature student status with 3 years of professional experience in business, community service, or industry
Awards and Financial Aid
Questions? Contact Client Services.