Industry and Careers
This certificate program is designed to provide a strong practical foundation in technical and business skills as they relate to film production.
It will provide you with an excellent opportunity to build your professional portfolio. Completing the certificate may help you attain entry-level positions within Canada’s $2 billion film and television industry.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
You may be interested if you:
- work in the film industry and want to improve your qualifications
- are new to the industry and want to better understand all aspects of production
- work in other fields and want to make a career change to enter the film industry or develop content
- work in allied fields and want to develop film production and screen media
- have a related education in theory, history, and criticism of film and want to make films or develop screen media production.
What Will You Learn?
This program is a great starting point if you want to pursue a career in the film industry or satisfy your curiosity about film and film production.
Courses range from an introduction to basic filmmaking to specialized courses such as:
- cinematography and lighting design
- directing screen performance
- film and digital production methods and techniques
- fundamentals of directing, editing, shooting and producing >
- production design
- sound design, location and post audio production techniques
- the business of developing, producing, and marketing films>
- 8 required courses
- 2 electives
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits (including English)
- With a minimum average of 60 percent
- Mature student status with relevant professional experience
Awards and Financial Aid