Industry and Careers
Knowledge of French can widen your career opportunities in fields where bilingualism may be required or desired.
French language skills can lead to success in business or as part of a university degree. Having a second language can help you get a job interview, offer of employment, promotion or even a pay rise, in addition to having the required skills for the role and being a fit for the organization you’re applying to.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
Individuals and professionals that want to become proficient in spoken and written French
What Will You Learn?
In this certificate program, you will learn:
- French grammar and vocabulary, from beginner to advanced level
- French cultural readings and short fictional texts
- A communicative approach, with an emphasis on oral proficiency and on reading, writing, and understanding French
- 6 courses*
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) 1.67+
*If you enter the certificate at a proficiency level below CFRE 501, you must successfully complete 6 courses. However, If granted advanced placement (through the placement assessment), you only need to complete 4 advanced level courses (CFRE 501 or higher) to fulfill the certificate requirements.
- Successful completion of Introductory French I (CFRE 101)
- With a minimum grade of C+
- Admission by placement assessment
You must complete our online placement assessment before enrolling in your first course. The results of this placement assessment will help determine which course you should enrol in first.
Awards and Financial Aid