Industry and Careers
This certificate can lead to career paths in roles such as:
- Executive director
- Healthcare manager
- Mental health lead
- Operations manager
- Patient safety consultant
- Quality improvement manager
- Screening manager
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Current and potential health care managers who are looking to increase their knowledge and skills in significant aspects of health service provision to help them move up in their careers
- Individuals looking to study in the part-time degree completion program in Health Services Management. (Many of the courses in the Health Services Management certificate program are degree credit courses and qualify for exemption.)
What Will You Learn?
The introductory Healthcare Systems course will provide you with an understanding of:
- Key foundational knowledge about how healthcare is delivered
- The responsibilities of provinces and the federal government in the allocation of healthcare services, funds and coverage
- How health information is collected and used toward decision making in healthcare.
The introductory course the Management Cycle will provide you with an understanding of:
- Key management principles, perspectives and functions of planning, organizing, leading, controlling and budgeting within healthcare. Additional core courses will provide students with an understanding of: Essential management information focused on human resources, financial management and law within healthcare.
Students can select from a variety of streams to further their learning in project management, health information management, long term care, and research.
Are you looking for a career in healthcare that merges your interests in information and technology? Then you should check out our Certificate in Health Informatics.
- 5 required courses
- 2 electives
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
- A community college diploma in a related health services field
- Mature student status
You must complete an application for pre-approval and be approved before registering for your first course. To obtain an application, visit Forms and Documents. The completed application, together with transcripts, may be submitted to Melissa Johnson, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards and Financial Aid