This certificate stands alone as an introduction to the IT management field, but it also provides a smooth transition either to another more specialized certificate or to the Business Technology Management degree program.
Industry and Careers
This certificate can lead to career paths in roles such as:
- App developer
- Database administrator
- Data scientist
- Information security analyst
- IT manager
- Search engine optimization specialist
- Search marketing strategist
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Individuals looking to get into the IT management field
- Individuals looking to transition to a more specialized certificate or to the Business Technology Management degree program. (The number of eligible courses that can be used towards the degree will depend on the curriculum in effect at the time of admission to the degree program.)
What Will You Learn?
This certificate introduces business information systems, data representation and processing, and data management systems, as well as the key concepts, techniques, and methodologies relevant to developing information systems (IS), and the IT infrastructure.
Students will learn the fundamentals of today's IT management, from data presentation and data processing to data communication and network security.
- 5 required courses
- 1 elective
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
- Mature student status
Awards and Financial Aid
Questions? Contact Client Services.