Industry and Careers
Proficiency in Spanish can widen your career opportunities, locally and internally, and expand your professional contact network.
Being able to use Spanish for day-to-day written and verbal communication can be incredibly valuable in professional settings like business, translation, tourism, and teaching.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Individuals and professionals that want to become proficient in spoken and written Spanish
- Older adults looking to learn a new language, build community, and maintain and/or improve their cognitive functions
What Will You Learn?
After completing this certificate, you will able to:
- Actively and confidently engage in performing different communicative skills both oral and written
- Employ a greater understanding and awareness of Hispanic cultures and the diverse peoples who speak Spanish
- 5 required courses*
- 1 electives
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
*You may be exempted from completing the required courses if you completed 4 courses at a higher level than CSPN 401. If granted advanced placement (through the placement and assessment interview with the academic coordinator), you only need to complete 4 advanced level courses (CSPN 402 or higher) to fulfill the certificate requirements.
- Successful completion of Introductory Spanish I (CSPN 101)
- With a minimum grade of C+
- Admission by placement assessment and interview
Awards and Financial Aid