Industry and Careers
This certificate can lead to career paths in roles such as:
- Development manager
- Project control officer
- Project coordinator
- Project leader
- Project manager
- Team leader
- Technical lead
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Professionals with technical backgrounds in information technology, engineering, science, finance, and other similar fields.
- Internationally educated professionals with an undergraduate degree and a minimum of two years of professional experience in one of above fields.
- Individuals who want to prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® examination.
What Will You Learn?
After completing this certificate, you will able to:
- Describe the concepts and basic functions of the project management body of knowledge
- Manage project scope, quality, time, cost, risk, procurement, resources, and communication
- Assemble self-managing teams to build products while responding to ever-changing requirements
- Prepare a project schedule, and install and operate a planning and scheduling system
- Utilize solid leadership and other soft skills and apply them to project situations
- Refine your analytical, writing, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- 2 required course
- 4 electives*
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
*Select 3 courses from Electives – Group A and 1 course from Electives – Group B
Internationally Educated Professionals
- An undergraduate degree and a minimum of two years of professional experience in a related field
- Be an accepted and registered participant in the Gateway for International Professionals’ Middle-level Managers (MLM) with Technical Background Bridging Program
- Be a legal resident of Ontario at the time of application, and be eligible to work in Canada
- Have resided in Canada for no more than 10 years
- Be an internationally educated professional in a suitable technical discipline
- Demonstrate English language proficiency through any of Toronto Metropolitan University’s approved English language proficiency test scores
All Other Applicants*
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
*If you do not have these requirements, you will be considered on an individual basis, taking into account your work-related experience and maturity.
An admission application is required for this program. A pre-approval process will be conducted by the program manager, including an orientation/information session, a one-on-one interview, and a language assessment.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Awards and Financial Aid
Questions? Contact Client Services.