Industry and Careers
This certificate can lead to career paths in various roles. Here are some examples:
- Crime analyst in national security and law enforcement agencies at municipal, provincial, and federal levels
- Crime analyst for private consulting firms and financial institutions
Note: In law enforcement or security agencies, crime analytics are usually carried out by the civilian workforce rather than uniformed or sworn law enforcement personnel.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Individuals who have an interest or previous background in criminology, urban planning, geography, sociology, or psychology
- Young professionals who are looking for a more data-driven job but who need to strengthen their skills in computer science
What Will You Learn?
After completing this certificate, you will be able to do the following:
- Apply your extensive practical experience in GIS mapping, data analysis, and decision support
- Understand criminal justice, policing, and criminal behaviour
- Understand the role of crime analysts in evidence-based policing, and the uses and misuses of data analysis
- 5 required courses
- 1 elective
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) 1.67+
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
- Mature student status
Awards and Financial Aid
Questions? Contact Client Services.