Industry and Careers
This certificate can lead you to crime analyst positions in national security and law enforcement agencies across local, provincial, and federal lines. The program’s extensive practical experience can also help students transition beyond standard policing agencies, as crime analysts are also contracted by private consulting firms and financial institutions. In law enforcement or security agencies, crime analytics are usually carried out by the civilian workforce rather than uniformed or sworn law enforcement personnel.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Individuals who have an interest or previous background in criminology, urban planning, geography, sociology, or psychology
- Young professionals who are looking for a more data-driven job but who to strengthen their skills in computer science
What Will You Learn?
After completing this certificate, you will be able to do the following:
- Apply your extensive practical experience in GIS mapping, data analysis, and decision support
- Understand criminal justice, policing, and criminal behaviour
- Understand the role of crime analysts in evidence-based policing, and the uses and misuses of data analysis
- 5 required courses
- 1 elective
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) 1.67+
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
- Mature student status
Awards and Financial Aid
Questions? Contact Client Services.