Industry and Careers
This certificate can lead to career paths in roles such as:
- Financial data analyst
- Financial investment consultant
- Fund managers
- Model developer
- Quantitative analyst
- Risk assessment analyst
- Risk manager
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Technically trained professionals who have a background in mathematics, economics, science, engineering, or finance, and are seeking career advancement, portability, and longevity*
*Note: an interview/placement assessment with the academic coordinator is required for entry into this program.
What Will You Learn?
After completing this certificate, you will able to:
- Perform modeling and computation for financial products, risk analysis, and portfolio optimization
- Determine the value of financial derivatives and complex investments
- Apply advanced mathematical techniques to analyze and model solutions to real-life financial and economic problems in professional industries such as the financial markets and the energy sector
- Apply the following tools:
- stochastic process and probability
- computation, simulation, and implementation of models
- 4 required courses
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
- Mature student status and evidence of university-level coursework in mathematics, economics, and/or finance, or equivalent (to be determined by the academic coordinator)
- Mature student status and other relevant qualifications or relevant industry experience (to be determined by the academic coordinator)
Admission Interview/Placement Assessment
An interview/placement assessment is required for this program. Please contact the Academic Coordinator, Sebastian Ferrando, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Anne-Marie Brinsmead, Program Director, Engineering, Architecture, and Science, at email@example.com.
Awards and Financial Aid