CMHR 405 - Organizational Behaviour
This course introduces students to theories of organizational behaviour. Topics include motivation, communication, team dynamics, conflict, perception, attitudes, personality, power, influence and leadership.
Sample Course OutlineDistance Course Outline (subject to change)
This course is online and primarily asynchronous, except for required one-hour weekly live online sessions and in-person midterm and final exams. In addition to the live sessions, you will engage in course-related activities through online tools such as announcements, discussions, and email to complement your independent learning. Note: There will be deadlines for assignment submissions, and you may be expected to participate in discussion board interactions with your peers on a regular basis.
Further details will be included in your course outline, which will be available on the first day of classes.
On-campus exam requirement: Your midterm and final exam will be written in person at the Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) campus. If you live more than 100 km from TMU, you may arrange to write your exam off campus using an approved off-campus invigilation service. Details about your exam date and how to arrange off-campus invigilation can be found on the Exams for Online Courses webpage.
- Design Management : Electives (select 5)
- Health Informatics : Electives (select 3)
- Human Resources Management : Required Courses
- Leadership in Organizations : Required Courses
- Occupational Health and Safety : Required Courses
- Privacy, Access, and Information Management : Electives (select 2)
- Project Management : Project Management Stream (select 3), Electives: 39-Hour Courses (select 1)
- Project Management for Technical Professionals : Electives – Group B (select 1)
- Retail Management : Electives (select 4)