CINT 904 - Health Promotion and Community Development
Course DescriptionStudents will be introduced to the history and development of health promotion and will examine health determinants from environmental, cross-cultural, psychosocial and biological perspectives. The focus will be on the exploration of health promotion strategies which incorporate community development, popular education and social marketing models. (Formerly IST 904.)
Sample Course OutlineDistance Course Outline (subject to change)
This course is fully online and asynchronous, meaning you typically will not have to be online at specific times. You will engage in course-related activities through online tools such as announcements, discussions, and email. Your course learning will be based on weekly module content and activities that you can go through independently. Note: there are still deadlines for assignment submissions, and you may be expected to participate in discussion board interactions with your peers on a regular basis.
Your instructor may also include occasional scheduled sessions for Q&As and other discussion activities, using web conferencing tools such as Zoom and Google Meet. More details will be included in your course outline available on the first day of class.
- Aging and Gerontology : Electives (select 2)
- Community Engagement, Leadership, and Development : Electives (select 2)
- Health Studies : Electives (select 5)
- Introduction to Community Services : General Elective
- Nursing and Interprofessional Healthcare Leadership and Management : Electives (select 2)
- Occupational Health and Safety : Electives (select 1)