Course DescriptionThis course will examine methods of program planning and evaluation that are applicable to health promotion practice. Students will study frameworks for planning human service programs and how evaluation is used for assessment of program effectiveness, for improvement of programs and for guiding resource allocation and policy development. (Formerly IST 900.)
Sample Course OutlineDistance Course Outline (subject to change)
This course is fully online and asynchronous, meaning you typically will not have to be online at specific times. You will engage in course-related activities through online tools such as announcements, discussions, and email. Your course learning will be based on weekly module content and activities that you can go through independently. Note: there are still deadlines for assignment submissions, and you may be expected to participate in discussion board interactions with your peers on a regular basis.
Your instructor may also include occasional scheduled sessions for Q&As and other discussion activities, using web conferencing tools such as Zoom and Google Meet. More details will be included in your course outline available on the first day of class.
- Advanced Safety Management : Electives (select 2)
- Aging and Gerontology : Electives (select 2)
- Community Engagement, Leadership, and Development : Electives (select 2)
- EarlyON Child and Family Centres : Electives (select one)
- Interdisciplinary Studies: Interdisciplinary Program Management : Required Course
- Nursing and Interprofessional Healthcare Leadership and Management : Electives (select 2)