CLAW 402 - Health Information Access and Privacy
Course DescriptionLaws governing health information privacy, access, and management have an impact on healthcare providers, public bodies with a role in the healthcare sector, employers, professional regulatory bodies, fundraisers, insurers, and researchers. This course is designed to assist these individuals develop a thorough understanding of the policies, practices, laws, and regulation that address confidentiality, privacy, and security of health information.
Sample Course Outline
This course is designed for professionals primarily in the healthcare sector, who have special interest in privacy law. A student, who does not have a foundation in privacy basics OR an understanding of the operation of the health sector, should take CLAW401 prior to CLAW402
Prerequisites: CLAW 122
The prerequisite may be waived for registered certificate program students who can demonstrate adequate professional experience or education related to business law that satisfies program requirements. Please contact the Academic Coordinator, Pnina Alon-Shenker, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Health Informatics : Electives (select 3)
- Health Informatics : Required Courses (select 3)
- Health Studies : Electives (select 5)
- Internationally Trained Health Professionals (ITHP) bridging program (formerly ITMD - Internationally Trained Medical Doctors program) : Health Administration
- Privacy, Access, and Information Management : Electives (select 2)