CTEC 210 - Fundamentals of Project Management
Course DescriptionThis course will familiarize the student with the concepts and basic functions of the project management body of knowledge, including scope, quality, time, cost, risk, procurement, human resource, and communication management. The integration of these functions into a project management system, and the role of the project manager and project support staff, will be examined. This course provides a basic knowledge of project management as preparation for other courses in the program. (39 PDUs)
Sample Course OutlineDistance Course Outline (subject to change)
As of November 25, 2021, the Project Management Institute (PMI) released the PMBOK® Guide (7th Edition). The CTEC210 Fundamentals of Project Management course and the select CKPM courses teach the 7th Edition of PMBOK® Guide to prepare individuals for passing, in 2022 and onward, the PMI's PMP® and CAPM® exams.
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition and The Standard for Project Management (ENGLISH). 2021.
Newly Updated Course Content: This course's focus and scope now include the 7th Edition of PMBOK® Guide to prepare individuals for passing, in 2022 and onward, the PMI's PMP® and CAPM® exams.
This course is fully online and asynchronous, meaning you typically will not have to be online at specific times. You will engage in course-related activities through online tools such as announcements, discussions, and email. Your course learning will be based on weekly module content and activities that you can go through independently. Note: there are still deadlines for assignment submissions, and you may be expected to participate in discussion board interactions with your peers on a regular basis.
Your instructor will also include optional Zoom sessions for Q&A and other discussion activities. More details will be included in your course outline available on the first day of class.
- Advanced Architecture : Electives (select 2)
- Architecture : Electives (select 1)
- Community Engagement, Leadership, and Development : Electives (select 2)
- Computer Coding (Formerly Computer Programming Applications) : Electives (select 2)
- Design Management : Electives (select 5)
- Full Stack Developer : Required (select 4)
- Health Informatics : Electives (select 3)
- Health Studies : Electives (select 5)
- Nursing and Interprofessional Healthcare Leadership and Management : Electives (select 2)
- Occupational Health and Safety Leadership : Required Courses
- Project and Workplace Budgets Coordination : Required Course (select 1)
- Project Management : Required Introductory Course (select 1)
- Project Management : Required Courses (select 3)
- Project Management for Technical Professionals : Required Course