Course DescriptionThis course introduces and applies current ICD (International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems) standard classification systems that are used to catalogue and retrieve data in healthcare systems. Emphasis is on developing practical coding skills that maintain data quality. Students will also develop an understanding of how data collected under a variety of classification systems are linked to inform decision-making by policy-makers and managers.
This course will require you to be online for live lectures every week at the scheduled time. More details will be included in your course outline available on the first day of class.
Students who do not have the prerequisite and who wish to take this course are advised to contact the Academic Coordinator, Pria Nippak at email@example.com to discuss options for entry
RequisitesPrerequisite: CHSM 301
- Health Informatics : Electives (select 3)
- Health Informatics : Required Courses (select 3)
- Health Services Management : Electives (select 2)
- Health Studies : Electives (select 5)
- Internationally Trained Health Professionals (ITHP) bridging program (formerly ITMD - Internationally Trained Medical Doctors program) : Health Administration