Middle-level Managers (MLM) with Technical Background Bridging Program
Not ready to enrol but want to learn more?
Fill out this form and a representative from The Chang School will contact you.
This unique learning opportunity has been designed for internationally educated professionals with project management experience and technical backgrounds such as engineering, science, environmental science, information technology, and other closely related disciplines.
This program consists of in-class training in project management, communication practices, and Canadian workplace culture. Successful participants will receive the Certificate in Project Management for Technical Professionals from Toronto Metropolitan University and will meet the required education contact hours for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® examination offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Program participants will also receive job search and community connections support.
All applicants to the MLM bridging program must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or convention refugee of Ontario at the time of application and be eligible to work in Canada
- Be an internationally educated professional in a technical area
- Have a baccalaureate degree equivalent to an Ontario university degree (i.e., an assessment of educational credentials made through a professional body or approved assessment agency in Ontario, such as World Education Services)
- Have at least two years of previous work experience in project management
- Demonstrate English language proficiency at this level or higher:
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT) – Level 8;
- Toronto Metropolitan University Test of English Proficiency (RTEP) – B;
- IELTS of 6.5; or
- Any other equivalent English language proficiency test score.
Admission requirements are determined through a thorough intake process which ensures that participants receive all necessary information, orientation, and guidance in order to plan their learning paths and prepare preliminary action plans.
How to Apply
The application and intake process will consist of an orientation and information session, a comprehensive one-on-one interview, and a language assessment.
Participants who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and convention refugees are eligible for the program. During individual interviews, candidates will be assessed on their suitability for the program, including relevant project management experience, academic credentials, and prior work experience.
Qualified candidates will be given in-depth language assessments to determine whether their Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) levels are sufficient for entry into the program. Candidates requiring further preparation will be referred to the appropriate internal and external service providers.
If you are interested and eligible, please contact the program assistant at email@example.com.
Contact Us for More Information
Phone: 416-979-5000, ext. 552713
Middle-level Managers (MLM) with Technical Background Bridging Program is funded by: