Industry and Careers
This certificate can lead to career paths in:
- Employment equity
- Policy development
This certificate has specific streams in environment, medical fields, legal, human rights, business ethics, and philosophical ethics. These streams allow you to focus on your specific area of interest and tailor them to your career aspirations.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- University graduates who wish to distinguish themselves in their chosen field or focus their research interests in ethics
- Professionals looking to play a more significant role in their organizations
What Will You Learn?
After completing this certificate, you will able to:
- Critically analyze approaches to ethics
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings of ethics
- Develop writing skills for clear presentation and defence of ethical policies and procedures
- Communicate in a more effective and persuasive manner
- 1 required courses
- 5 electives*
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.67+
*You must take 2 selections from Electives – Group A and 3 selections from Electives – Group B (that you haven't already taken in Electives – Group A).
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
- Mature student status