Course DescriptionThis course will familiarize the student with the concepts and basic functions of the project management body of knowledge, including scope, quality, time, cost, risk, procurement, human resource, and communication management. The integration of these functions into a project management system, and the role of the project manager and project support staff, will be examined. This course provides a basic knowledge of project management as preparation for other courses in the program. (39 PDUs)
Sample Course OutlineDistance Course Outline (subject to change)
Updated Course Content: This course's focus and scope now includes the 7th Edition of PMBOK® Guide to prepare individuals for passing the PMI's PMP® and CAPM® exams.
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition and The Standard for Project Management (ENGLISH). 2021.
This course is fully online and asynchronous, meaning you typically will not have to be online at specific times. You will engage in course-related activities through online tools such as announcements, discussions, and email. Your course learning will be based on weekly module content and activities that you can go through independently. Note: there are still deadlines for assignment submissions, and you may be expected to participate in discussion board interactions with your peers on a regular basis.
Your instructor may also include occasional scheduled sessions for Q&As and other discussion activities, using web conferencing tools such as Zoom and Google Meet. More details will be included in your course outline available on the first day of class.
- Architecture : Electives (select 1)
- Community Engagement, Leadership, and Development : Electives (select 2)
- Computer Coding (Formerly Computer Programming Applications) : Electives (select 2)
- Full Stack Developer : Required (select 4)
- Health Informatics : Electives (select 3)
- Health Studies : Electives (select 5)
- Nursing and Interprofessional Healthcare Leadership and Management : Electives (select 2)
- Occupational Health and Safety Leadership : Required Courses
- Project and Workplace Budgets Coordination : Required Course (select 1)
- Project Management : Required Introductory Course (select 1)
- Project Management : Required Courses (select 3)
- Project Management for Technical Professionals : Required Course