Course DescriptionThis course introduces both descriptive and inferential statistics. Students learn to use descriptive data, in both numeric and graphic formats, as well as inferential statistics to support managerial decisions in applied business contexts. Topics include grouped frequency distribution, measures of central tendency and variability, probability theory, sampling distribution, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, and linear and multiple regression.
This course includes on-campus section(s) for the Spring/Summer 2022 term. On-campus sections are identified in each section's detail summary as “Classroom” (and/or “Downtown” as the location). Visit COVID-19 Updates for Chang School Students for the most up-to-date guidance on attending on-campus classes.
RequisitesAntirequisites: QMS 202, QMS 230
- Accounting – Finance : Electives (select 2)
- Applied Analytics and Statistics for 21st Century Decision-Making : Required Courses (Option 2)
- Business Decision Analysis : Required Courses
- Foundations for Accounting : Required Courses
- Health Informatics : Electives (select 3)