This course introduces students to theories of organizational behaviour. Topics include motivation, communication, team dynamics, conflict, perception, attitudes, personality, power, influence and leadership.
Sample Course OutlineDistance Course Outline (subject to change)
This course is online and asynchronous except for its mid term and final exam, which are held in person. This means that you typically will not have to be online at specific times. You will engage in course-related activities through online tools such as announcements, discussions, and email. Your course learning will be based on weekly module content and activities that you can work through independently. Note: There will be deadlines for assignment submissions, and you may be expected to participate in discussion board interactions with your peers on a regular basis.
Your instructor may also include occasional scheduled sessions for Q&As and other discussion activities using web conferencing tools such as Zoom and Google Meet. Details will be included in your course outline, which will be available on the first day of classes.
On-campus exam requirement: Your mid-term and final exam will be written in person at the Toronto Metropolitan University campus. If you live more than 100 km from the TMU campus, you may arrange to write your exam off campus using an approved off-campus invigilation service. Details on how to arrange off-campus invigilation will be provided prior to the first day of class.
- Design Management : Electives (select 5)
- Health Informatics : Electives (select 3)
- Human Resources Management : Required Courses
- Leadership in Organizations : Required Courses
- Occupational Health and Safety : Required Courses
- Privacy, Access, and Information Management : Electives (select 2)
- Project Management : Project Management Stream (select 3), Electives: 39-Hour Courses (select 1)
- Project Management for Technical Professionals : Electives – Group B (select 2)
- Retail Management : Electives (select 4)