Our Certificate in Strategic Marketing Management helps you understand the latest technologies and advancements in marketing through hands-on, practical learning. Choose our general stream to build a range of fundamental marketing skills, or focus on a particular area of interest by taking electives from our specialized streams:
- Marketing innovation
- Marketing research
- Social media
- Sports marketing
Industry and Careers
This certificate can lead to career paths in roles such as:
- Account manager
- Brand manager
- Content marketing specialist
- Customer insights analyst
- Digital marketing manager
- Customer insights analyst
- Marketing data analyst
- Social media strategist
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Graduates looking to complement their degree or diploma with marketing skills to give them a competitive edge as they start their careers
- Marketing professionals that are seeking career advancement by gaining expertise in a specific area and upgrading their skills in the age of analytics
- Working professionals wanting to make a career change, seeking entry into the industry by learning the fundamentals of marketing
What Will You Learn?
In this certificate program, you will learn how to:
- Understand the fundamentals of marketing, including theories, principles, and concepts of market behaviour
- Interpret and satisfy customer expectations by creating, developing, managing, and delivering products and services
- Apply quantitative and qualitative analyses to measure the success of marketing initiatives
- Engage state-of-the-art contemporary supply and demand marketing metrics and analytic tools, such as marketing research, share of mind, margins and profits, product, Salesforce, and channel management
- Use the case method – integrating marketing theory and marketing metrics – as a model for critically analyzing situations and developing evidence-based, ethical decision-making skills
- Create and evaluate integrated marketing plans that may include product/brand management, marketing research, advertising, public relations, media buying, and/or digital marketing
*If you demonstrate the requisite combination of education and work experience, you may apply to the academic coordinator to waive CMKT 100. If granted a waiver, you will need to complete 5 electives (instead of 4) to fulfill the certificate requirements.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- With 6 Grade 12 U or M credits
- Mature student status with relevant professional experience in business
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to complete the certificate?
Ryerson requires that you complete the certificate within four years of your registration in the certificate program.
I have some marketing experience. Do I have to take CMKT 100?
If you have professional marketing experience, you may apply to waive CMKT 100. Contact the academic coordinator, Armand Gervais at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you are approved to waive CMKT 100, you will need to take five electives in total. (Note: CMKT 300 must still be taken at the beginning of your program.)
How much time is involved per week?
As a general guideline, for in-class courses, you should allow three to five additional hours per week, per course. However, this will vary from week to week and will depend on your learning style. For online courses, plan to spend an average of six to eight hours a week working through the module content, reading, participating in discussions, and completing assignments.
Awards and Financial Aid
Questions? Contact Client Services.